Highly creative and multitalented Graphic Designer/Art Director with extensive experience in web and print design. Exceptional collaborative and interpersonal skills; dynamic team player with well developed written and verbal communication abilities. Highly skilled in client and vendor relations and negotiations; talented at building and maintaining "winwin" partnerships. Passionate and inventive creator of innovative marketing strategies and campaigns; accustomed to performing in deadline driven environments with an emphasis on working within budget requirements.
Freelance Design and Production
June 2001- Present
- Completed client projects from concept to finish
- Design and implementation of overall look, interface and architecture for multiple web sites
- Provided layout and design for 72 pages magazines under extremely tight deadlines.
- Established trusting relationships with ongoing clients for over 7 years
Freelance Art Director, Parenting Group Custom Publishing, September 2008-March 2009
- Designed mastheads, covers and layouts for custom magazines geared toward parenting and children
- Provided extensive photo research and editing
- Prepare print documents for press
Walt Disney Internet Group
Senior Designer, Family.com, May 2000-June 2001
- Web site design and development, including design of site architecture
- Lead other designers in a major redesign of content heavy web site
- Assign projects and oversee to completion
- Act as liaison to editorial and production teams
Art Director/Production Supervisor, September 1996-April 2000
- Lead a major web site redesign including all art direction, coding and animation
- Design and development of new Investor Relations product: Virtual IQ
- Hire and oversee the work of production artists and freelancers, train new hires
- Remain abreast of contemporary design and art direction techniques and technology
Ogilvy & Mather Interactive
Web Site Designer, April 1996-June 1996 (Contract for project)
- Created design theme that solidified partnership with Ogilvy's largest client
- Recognized consistently for fresh and innovative ideas and applications
Assistant Art Director, April 1990-February 1996
- Design and layout of editorial pages, special sections, promotional pieces and ads
- Art Direction for Supplements: Food Merchandising and Computer Product Retailing.
- Preparation of mechanicals, both boardwork and desktop (Mac),
- Manage paperwork: billing, time sheets, etc., ordering of art supplies, distribution of work.
School of Visual Arts, New York, NY , B.F.A. Graphic Design Kingsborough Community College, Brooklyn, NY, A.S. Commercial Art
References Available Upon Request